Thursday, October 29, 2009

This week my group of classmates and I will undergo the task of composing a research paper. We have chosen the topic of "Childrens Rights in Africa". This led me to think about a recent presentation in our school auditorium that was about Joseph Kony's child soldiers in Africa. The information that was forced into my brain was extremely depressing. Joseph Kony is a terrorist who kidnaps children from ages six to their later teen years, to forcefully join his rebellion. If the prisoners question the rebels, they will threaten to harm he or she that was taken, or their family. The cutting off of noses and ears were given as brutal examples. This information created an overcoming pit in my stomach. Why would one man terrorize thousands of innocent people? On therescue.com the creators of the site go in to great detail about why this man hasn't been stopped yet. I think that anyone who reads this should glance at this site and voice their opinion to the community around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment